The Canadian National Committee for Irrigation and Drainage, (CANCID) is a permanent committee of the Canadian Water Resources Association (CWRA) and is the National Committee for Canada of the International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage ("ICID"). CANCID activities aim to stimulate and promote research, development and application of technology among those individuals and organisations in Canada who are interested in irrigation, drainage, and flood control in rural areas on behalf of the Corporation and to act as an intermediary body for the Corporation between Canada and the International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage.
The aims of CANCID are:
- to stimulate and promote research, development and application of science among those individuals and organizations in Canada who are interested in irrigation, drainage and flood control in rural areas;
- to carry out activities relating to irrigation and drainage within Canada as may be referred by and on behalf of the Corporation;
- to represent Canada on the International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage and act for Canada in the various special projects undertaken by ICID;
- to disseminate throughout Canada the news of the activities of CANCID, ICID and the technical information available as the result of these activities;
- to promote Canadian participation in the activities of ICID;
- to liaise with other National Committees of ICID and other associated organizations having areas of related interests;
- to participate in the activities of the Corporation.