The CWRA Student and Young Professional (SYP) Award recognizes exemplary contributions to CWRA by a student or young professional.
This award is intended to honour the individuals who:
- contribute to the accomplishments of SYP groups/chapters;
- contribute to CWRA in general; and
- recognize the value of SYP contributions to the vitality of CWRA.
The recipient of the SYP Award will receive a plaque presented at the CWRA Annual Conference. The selection will be made by the awards committee. (Note: if approved by the National BOD, the award will also include a complimentary one-year regular CWRA membership).
Nominations by Branch presidents annually before end of April.
Evaluation and selection by Awards committee.
SYP Award Criteria
The award recipient:
- contributes to the accomplishments of a SYP chapter in their respective province/territory through a significant personal commitment resulting in the advancement of SYP and CWRA.
- has gone beyond the ordinary scope of work to contribute time and effort in support of CWRA SYP activities locally and/or nationally.
- preferably, but not necessarily, contributes significantly to the planning efforts of National and/or Regional CWRA conferences or other events fosters continued success of their SYP program/chapter
- promotes their SYP program and CWRA on a continuous basis, raising the overall general awareness of both CWRA and SYP.
2015 - Gregory Schellenberg