July 21, 2022 1-3PM ET: CSHS Workshop: Selecting, Applying, and Interpreting Climate Projections for Hydrologic Modelling
Markus Schnorbus, Arelia Schoenenberg (née Werner), Kari Tyler
Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium (PCIC)
Considering future climate in decision making is quickly becoming a standard requirement from project funders. Working with future climate data in hydrological modelling is a learning edge for many hydrologists, this webinar will help experienced hydrological modellers understand how to work with future climate projections.
This workshop will provide learners with an introduction to some of the future climate projections available from the Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium to use for hydrologic modelling. It will introduce core concepts related to the use of the statistically downscaled BCCAQv2 temperature and precipitation projections, including an introduction to recent Coupled Model Intercomparison Projects (CMIP5 and CMIP6) and global climate models (GCMs). The webinar will also provide suggestions for working with future climate information in hydrological projections, and give participants an opportunity to participate in exercises, as well as ample opportunity for questions and discussion with PCIC’s hydrological modelling team.
The 2-hour workshop consists of two 20-minute presentations, each followed by hands-on exercises in selecting and interpreting climate projections. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of hydrology/hydrologic modelling. Some experience with gridded datasets, such as netCDFs is an asset for full participation in the exercises.
|Student/SYP CWRA+CSHS member||$0|
- Full refunds will be given if this event is cancelled by the event planners.
- This event fee is reduced for members of CWRA who have an additional CSHS Membership, which includes all members registered under Corporate Gold, Silver, and Bronze memberships. If you think you should be able to register as a CWRA + CSHS member but are not able to, please email email@example.com.
- You do not need to register as a member to attend this event. Non-member pricing is available.
- No memberships in CWRA or CSHS are available through this event registration. If you would like to add a CSHS membership to your current membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The link to join the workshop will be in your registration confirmation email.