The 2022 Ontario Branch AGM will be held Thursday, May 19th.
1:30: Dr. Jonathan Munn: The critical role of groundwater and sensor-based innovations to study bedrock aquifers
2:00: ON Branch Annual General Meeting
This event is free and open to everyone. The Ontario Branch Annual General Meeting will begin after the presentation by Dr. Munn. While everyone may also attend the Annual General Meeting, only CWRA Members will be allowed to vote.
During the AGM, the Branch will present an update of their activities and financial position, and board members, executive Board memebrs, and Ontario Branch National Directors will be elected. CWRA Members in good standing are eligible to be nominated to the board. You may nominate yourself in advance by emailing email@example.com, and nominations will also be accepted during the meeting.
This is a good time to hear about what the branch is up to, it’s plans for the new year, and to find out about ways to get more involved in Ontario Branch activities. Members are encouraged to attend. In addition to board positions, there are opportunities to volunteer with the branch through SYP groups, in communications roles, or to help in planning events and workshop.
Welcome to the Ontario Branch site!
The Ontario Branch of CWRA began operating informally in the early 1970s, conducting conferences and workshops and in 1991 the Ontario Branch was officially incorporated. The aims of the Ontario Branch mirror those of the Canadian Water Resources Association as a whole, while the Branch may focus on regional or local issues. The Ontario Branch membership consists of nearly 200 individuals, partnerships, and other legal entities.
Operations of the Branch are managed by a board composed of not less than ten directors, who are elected at the annual meeting by the members. All provincial directors are CWRA members. Each director is elected to hold office for a period of one year. The directors are responsible for the election/appointment of officers and committees.
If you’re interested in getting involved in Branch activities, we’d love to hear from you! You can get in touch with the Ontario Branch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us @CWRAONT!
- RT @WatershedsCAN : 1/ Calling all municipal councillors, planners, and waterfront associations! Join us on June 14th from 9:00am to 12:00p… 3 weeks ago
- @SimonGMLin1 @CWRA_Flows @James_R_Craig @dustming @Bryan_A_Tolson @nanditabasu2 Congratulations, Simon! 3 weeks ago
- RT @CANCID1 : 📣Join us tomorrow at 1:00 PM for the AGM 📣 4 weeks ago
Ontario Branch Board of Directors, 2020-2021
President: Nathan Garland
Vice President: Isabelle Hemmings
Secretary: Gillian Walker
Treasurer: Gail Faveri
CWRA National Board Representatives
- Nathan Garland
- Isabelle Hemmings
- Nancy Davy
- Jeff Hirvonen
- Ed Gazendam
- Gail Faveri
- Hida Manns
- Gillian Walker
- Hugh Whiteley
- Isabelle Hemmings
- Jeffrey Hirvonen
- Kate Sapozhnikova
- Mark Bassingthwaite
- Nancy Davy
- Nathan Garland
- Rebecca Shortt
- Robert (Rob) Chlumsky
- Robert Bishop
- Sam Bellamy
- Sheri Longboat
- Stephen Braun
- Steve Brown
For a full listing of CWRA events across Canada, please visit our events page.
Student and Young Professional Groups in Ontario
Are you a student or young professional in water resources in Ontario? Please get in touch with your local SYP chapter, or with the Branch, to learn about upcoming events, our mentoring program, and how to get involved!
A full list of active SYP chapters in CWRA National is on our SYP Page.
Ottawa Blue Drinks
Follow us on Twitter @BlueDrinksOtt!
- @CWRA_Flows @GWFutures @watercomm @gwf_yp @DataStreamH2O @POLISWater @CWPUW @WaterWired @CWRA_SYP_Nat @UHolweger … https://t.co/9AW3fQ3gwG 2 years ago
- RT @CWRA_Flows : CWRA & Partners For Action (P4A) Webinar: Communicating Flood Preparedness to Canadians. Thu, Apr 2, 2020 10-11 AM MDT. htt… 2 years ago
- Please note our World Water Day event has been Postponed https://t.co/TGJ00adPgs 2 years ago
- RT @greenscreen613 : #Ottawa film screening coming up for #WorldWaterDay organized by @BlueDrinksOtt and @CWRAONT . The event will include a… 2 years ago
Join the Blue Drinks Ottawa Mailing list by emailing us at email@example.com.
Follow us on Facebook for event updates:
Toronto Blue Drinks
- RT @CWRAONT : This is your last weekend to register for the Virtual HEC-HMS Course we are hosting- sign up at https://t.co/LSbZYxCflU by Mon… 3 months ago
- Congratulations to @cwrasypottawa on their launch event tonight! https://t.co/1gMKlezXSI 3 months ago
- A great @CWRA_Flows event put on by students & young professionals - check out the first @CWRA_SYP_Nat webinar pre… https://t.co/qdNBZZFjqN 2 years ago
- We are having a physically-distant outside meetup this weekend - join us for a shoreline cleanup at Corktown Common… https://t.co/6tVH6Rrv5c 2 years ago
Ontario Branch Mentoring Program
The CWRA Ontario Branch Mentorship Program is intended to provide value to newer members of the CWRA, increase professional engagement in water management activities and in CWRA activities, and build long term connections among members of CWRA. The program allows for the transfer of information among generations of professionals in water resources. The Ontario mentorship program is affiliated with national CWRA mentorship activities.
The mentorship program is currently between sessions. Applications for the 2020-2021 session will open in the early fall. Information about the 2019-2020 session is available here.
If you are looking for mentorship but are not in Ontario, please get in touch with the Ontario Mentorship Program by email and they can refer you to a local branch for mentoring options.
The Ontario Branch of CWRA offers a variety of opportunities for people to become engaged and involved in water resource management in Ontario. If you are curious about CWRA, subscribe to our newsletter to hear about upcoming events that will give you a chance to meet other CWRA members and water professionals. You can see past mailings here.
Membership to the CWRA is not required to join our branch mailing list, but to receive the full benefit of CWRA offerings – including event discounts – we encourage everyone to join up.
If you want to get more involved, you can ask about volunteering at future events, including workshops, networking, SYP, mentoring, and virtual events. For more information please contact one of the Executive Committee members at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscription Form for the CWRA Ontario Branch Newsletter: