Oct 31-Nov 10, 2022: Kananaskis Short Course on Principles of Hydrology 2022
October 31, 2022 – November 10, 2022
Registration for this event is currently closed. Please email email@example.com if you still need to register for this event.
- Fundamentals and Hydrological Cycle; Hydrometeotology and Precipitation: Dr. John Pomeroy
- Interception and Evapotranspiration: Dr. Richard Petrone & Dr. John Pomeroy
- Groundwater Hydrology: Dr. Masaki Hayashi & Dr. John Pomeroy
- Snow Accumulation, Sublimation, and Redistribution: Dr. John Pomeroy
- Snowmelt and Snowcover Depletion: Dr. John Pomeroy
- Glacier Hydrology: Caroline Aubry-Wake & Dr. John Pomeroy
- Soil Hydrology: Dr. Andrew Ireson
- Hillslope and Catchment Hydrology: Dr. Sean Carey & Dr. John Pomeroy
- River Basin Hydrology and Streamflow Hydrographs: Dr. Kevin Shook
- Hydraulics, and River Ice: Dr. Tricia Stadnyk
- Hydrometry and Routing: Dr. Alain Pietroniro
- Synthesis: Dr. John Pomeroy
The University of Saskatchewan Centre for Hydrology with the assistance of the Canadian Society for Hydrological Sciences is offering an intensive course on the physical principles of hydrology with particular relevance to Canadian conditions. The course is led by Dr. John Pomeroy, Canada Research Chair in Water Resources & Climate Change, and taught by Dr. Pomeroy and a team of subject-matter experts.
- Fundamentals & Hydrological Cycle
- Micrometeorology & Precipitation
- Interception & Evapotranspiration
- Snow Accumulation and Redistribution
- Snowmelt and Snowcover Depletion
- Glaciers & River Ice Formation
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Infiltration & Soil Water
- Hillslope and Catchment Hydrology
- River Networks, Hydraulics & Hydrographs
Further details about this course can be found at: https://research-groups.usask.ca/hydrology/training-education/intensive-courses/geog-827.php#CourseObjectives
|CWRA Regular Member||$2,750.00|
|CWRA Student member||$1,250.00|
|CWRA YP member||$2,750.00|
- This course will be held in-person at the Barrier Lake Field Station.
- If you need transportation to or from the airport to the Barrier Lake Field Station (or both), there is an option to purchase transportation one or both ways through this checkout for $25 each way.
- This course will not be cancelled, but there may be a need to move the course to an online-only virtual option for a reduced fee. If that happens, everyone registered will be given the option to remain in the online-only course, and receive a refund of the fee difference, or to withdraw and get a full refund.
- CSHS will refund fees in excess of $1000 up to 14 days before the start of the course (October 17th); the first $1000 is non-refundable. Within 14 days of the start of the course no refund will be provided.
- If you want to transfer your registration to another person, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if this will be possible.
- The event registration is reduced for members of CWRA who have an additional CSHS Membership, which includes all members registered under Corporate Gold, Silver, and Bronze memberships. If you think you should be able to register as a CWRA + CSHS member but are not able to, please email email@example.com.
- If you are a CWRA Member but do not have a CSHS membership, you can purchase one through this event and register at the CWRA+CSHS Member Rate. No refunds will be given for new CSHS Member registrations in the case that this course is cancelled.
- Everyone who registers for this course a a non-member, except for those registering as students for credit, will receive an annual membership in CWRA + CSHS as part of their course registration fee. If you register as a member through this event, we will activate your year-long membership in our system within two weeks and send you additional details for logging into your member account. No refunds will be given for new CWRA + CSHS Member registrations in the case that this course is cancelled.
- If you would prefer to become a CWRA + CSHS member through our website and activate your member login immediately, then to register for this event at the memeber rate, please visit : https://cwra.org/en/membership/individual/.