The Canadian National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (CANCID) is a permanent committee of the CWRA and is the National Committee for Canada of the International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID). CANCID activities aim to stimulate and promote research, development and application of technology among those individuals and organizations in Canada who are interested in irrigation, drainage, and flood control in rural areas. CANCID acts as an intermediary body for the Association between Canada and the International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage.
The aims of CANCID are:
- to stimulate and promote research, development and application of science among individuals and organizations in Canada who are interested in irrigation, drainage and flood control in rural areas;
- to carry out activities relating to irrigation and drainage within Canada as may be referred by and on behalf of the CWRA;
- to represent Canada on the International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage and act for Canada in the various special projects undertaken by ICID;
- to disseminate news of the activities of CANCID and ICID and the technical information available as the result of these activities;
- to promote Canadian participation in the activities of ICID;
- to liaise with other National Committees of ICID and other associated organizations with related interests; and
- to participate in the activities of the CWRA.
Abdel-Zaher K. Abdel-Razek
News From ICID
Recent Updates from ICID
- Read more about the 24th International ICID conference, being held in Australia in October 2022, here.
- The Register of the World Irrigation and Drainage Schemes is available online. Take a look at other projects, and enter data bout your project.