The Latest News From CWRA
CWRA members are now able to choose their favourites and vote on member-submitted entries from our 75th-anniversary photo contest! Follow this link or navigate to the member resources page of our website to see all the amazing photos and vote on your favourites from the 4 categories of Work, Rest, Play, and Respect!
CWRA2022 in-person registration has sold out. Only virtual registrations are now available. If you are an accepted speaker and have not booked your spot, please email us at CWRA2022@cwra.org.
As we approach the conference, registrations spots may open up due to cancellations. If you were not able to register for the in-person conference, please check the online registration page later on to see if additional in-person spaces have been made available, or consider registering for the virtual conference.
Registration for Virtual Water Gallery events, Technical Tours, and Workshops are available and can be purchased separately from conference registration.
Visit the conference registration page for more information, and to view the COVID-19 Registration Agreement. Although CWRA2022 is a full in-person conference, we have created a limited virtual attendance option. You can also register for tours, workshops, and Virtual Water Gallery events when you register for the conference. If you are joining us in-person, be sure to book through our room block at the hotel early, as rooms are limited!
Our judges are enjoying their work as they go through all the photos. Winning photos will be featured in the 75th-anniversary issue of Water News as well as at the #CWRA2022 National Conference in Canmore, AB! You can see them all here. CWRA Members will have a chance to vote on their favorites next month.
The most recent version of Water News is available online now. It contains articles on the recent MOU between Swan Lake First Nation and three Watershed Districts in Manitoba, management decisions on Sarez Lake in Tajikistan, and a recap of the North American Stream Hydrographer’s Fall Tracer Hydrography Workshop and Film Festival. CWRA Members can read past issues at the member resources page.
October 1, 2021: Pre-order your copy of Service Beyond Measure: The Story of the Water Survey of Canada
CWRA is excited to offer this book from Dale R. Kimmett for pre-sale. Read more about the book, which is in both French and English, in our most recent edition of Water News. You can reserve your copy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the CWRA Newsletter
- RT @Colliers_PL : Attending CWRA 2022? Don't miss our panel discussion on June 7! The session will explore the different frameworks used to… 14 hours ago
- RT @ArnalLouise : We're bringing the Virtual Water Gallery to life in a physical gallery exhibition @ArtsCanmore , May 21 - June 17 2022! Joi… 14 hours ago
- Tomorrow at 12 pm CT, hosted by the MB Branch, Lena Van De Elsen will present on "Construction of prairie pothole… https://t.co/Fn6H1p2713 15 hours ago
- Are you a CWRA Member? Don't miss out on a chance to vote on your favourite member-submitted 75th-anniversary photo… https://t.co/vPbsnEDbXQ 1 day ago
- RT @LivingLakesCA : We're inviting proposals to survey and report on 3-4 lakes in the Cdn Columbia Basin using the Foreshore Integrated Mana… 1 day ago
WHAT WE DO
Professional Development Events
CWRA is the oldest and largest member-based water resources management association in Canada today. One of CWRA’s main goals is to serve its members by delivering programs, publications, educational opportunities and services, such as conferences, courses, events, scholarships and partnerships.
Expertise and Services
CWRA’s members provide expertise and professional knowledge services in a variety of ways from reviewing and editing water resources management documents to serving on technical advisory committees. The majority of this work is on national, multi-sectoral water related issues.
Resources and Publications
CWRA produces many different publications and resources, some of which are exclusive to members. These include Project WET Canada programming and instructional resources, our member magazine WaterNews, and the Canadian Water Resources Journal.
CWRA members have a wide range of backgrounds – water engineers, hydrologists, geographers, biologists, climate scientists, planners, modellers, academics, industry representatives, and policy makers. Why did they all join? Because members:
- Receive discounts to conferences, workshops, webinars, and technical courses;
- Value professional networking opportunities to share ideas with academics, practitioners, and government;
- Gain insight into water and climate-related issues through our publications and webinars;
- Have access to our Water News magazine and quarterly Canadian Water Resources Journal;
- Learn what’s happening across jurisdictions and with other water-related disciplines in Canada;
- Build relationships, form partnerships, and create collaborations;
- Enjoy the opportunity to volunteer in Canada’s vibrant water community; and
- NEW! Members only online office hours on the first Friday of the month, 1-2PM ET. Sign in as a member for access.
You can join as an individual student, young professional, regular, or retired member of CWRA and our affiliates, CANCID and CSHS, or as a corporate member at three levels of benefits!