The Latest News From CWRA
Congratulations to our 2021 Scholarship Award winners! Visit our Scholarships page to read a little about each winner and their work. Patrick Morkus, our Dillon Consulting Scholarship winner, will be presenting on his work next week before the Ontario Branch AGM.
The virtual conference platform is now up and running, with a detailed and searchable conference program available. You can see the list of talks for each session and read the talk abstracts. Also, early bird registration has been extended to May 7!
Visitez la plateforme virtuelle pour découvrir le programme détaillé de la conférence. La période d’inscription hâtive a été prolongée jusqu’au 7 mai!
Our Magazine is going online-only. This will allow us to publish more timely news and articles with live links and event listings, and it will be easier to share articles and follow up on what you read. We’ve updated our Winter/Spring 2021 edition of the magazine with our new interface so you can explore the layout. Stay tuned for the Summer 2021 edition.
The CWRA has been actively engaged with Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) and other water-focused organizations in Canada in discussions of the proposed Canada Water Agency (CWA). Our National Executive prepared and submitted a response document to the ECCC Discussion Paper, “Toward the Creation of a Canada Water Agency”.
Read the latest CWRA Newsletter
- RT @CentreForHydro : Snowpack is above average for Bow River Basin as Alberta flood season begins https://t.co/WuaPAexgP2 2 days ago
- Have you had trouble accessing our (most excellent) Journal lately? The issue is fixed! Sign in via the member page… https://t.co/imoVmnvj8D 3 days ago
- RT @LivingLakesCA : "While the institutional environment and relationships that characterize water management in 🇨🇦 are complex, the future… 3 days ago
- RT @MatthewQmar : In light of the province's new #fire (and all backcountry and day hiking) bans at nearly all Southern #Manitoba provincial… 3 days ago
- We are extremely proud to announce this year's @CWRA_Flows scholarship winners. Read about them, and their project… https://t.co/tUxCE5dwne 3 days ago
WHAT WE DO
Professional Development Events
CWRA is the oldest and largest member-based water resources management association in Canada today. One of CWRA’s main goals is to serve its members by delivering programs, publications, educational opportunities and services, such as conferences, courses, events, scholarships and partnerships.
Expertise and Services
CWRA’s members provide expertise and professional knowledge services in a variety of ways from reviewing and editing water resources management documents to serving on technical advisory committees. The majority of this work is on national, multi-sectoral water related issues.
Resources and Publications
CWRA produces many different publications and resources, some of which are exclusive to members. These include Project WET Canada programming and instructional resources, our member magazine WaterNews, and the Canadian Water Resources Journal.
CWRA members have a wide range of backgrounds – water engineers, hydrologists, geographers, biologists, climate scientists, planners, modellers, academics, industry representatives, and policy makers. Why did they all join? Because members:
- Receive discounts to conferences, workshops, webinars, and technical courses;
- Value professional networking opportunities to share ideas with academics, practitioners, and government;
- Gain insight into water and climate-related issues through our publications and webinars;
- Have access to our Water News magazine and quarterly Canadian Water Resources Journal;
- Learn what’s happening across jurisdictions and with other water-related disciplines in Canada;
- Build relationships, form partnerships, and create collaborations;
- Enjoy the opportunity to volunteer in Canada’s vibrant water community; and
- NEW! Members only online office hours on the first Friday of the month, 1-2PM ET. Sign in as a member for access.
You can join as an individual student, young professional, regular, or retired member of CWRA and our affiliates, CANCID and CSHS, or as a corporate member at three levels of benefits!