The Latest News From CWRA
We have a lead article on Floodplain Delineation and Mapping in Quebec, articles from CSHS and our new affiliate NASH, photos from #CWRA2022, and an article about the Virtual Water Gallery Event held in Canmore- with work from some of the artists attending the conference! Read the new edition online here.
The 75th Anniversary Issue of Water News has now been posted online now – head on over to the Water News tab to take a look. From a celebration of 75 years to the photo contest winners, this issue of Water News has it all! It can even be downloaded as a PDF!
Our judges are enjoying their work as they go through all the photos. Winning photos will be featured in the 75th-anniversary issue of Water News as well as at the #CWRA2022 National Conference in Canmore, AB! You can see them all here. CWRA Members will have a chance to vote on their favorites next month.
The most recent version of Water News is available online now. It contains articles on the recent MOU between Swan Lake First Nation and three Watershed Districts in Manitoba, management decisions on Sarez Lake in Tajikistan, and a recap of the North American Stream Hydrographer’s Fall Tracer Hydrography Workshop and Film Festival. CWRA Members can read past issues at the member resources page.
Read the CWRA Newsletter
- Happy Friday and National Day for #truthandreconciliation! We've got a new newsletter out today so make sure to che… https://t.co/BYwZU4vgaL 12 hours ago
- RT @CWRA_Flows : It's Friday-jr! Are you interested in participating in this year's Rain It In competition? The deadline to participate is T… 16 hours ago
- RT @DiscoveryFarmSK : Mark your calendar for Oct 26 for @CWRA_Flows workshop on water management at @DiscoveryFarmSK . “Working Landscapes”… 16 hours ago
- Fall Water News now online & the BWPS returns! - https://t.co/haojw2UPjK https://t.co/KSIH22zEv1 17 hours ago
- It's Friday-jr! Are you interested in participating in this year's Rain It In competition? The deadline to particip… https://t.co/VWyk7Df7cS 2 days ago
WHAT WE DO
Professional Development Events
CWRA is the oldest and largest member-based water resources management association in Canada today. One of CWRA’s main goals is to serve its members by delivering programs, publications, educational opportunities and services, such as conferences, courses, events, scholarships and partnerships.
Expertise and Services
CWRA’s members provide expertise and professional knowledge services in a variety of ways from reviewing and editing water resources management documents to serving on technical advisory committees. The majority of this work is on national, multi-sectoral water related issues.
Resources and Publications
CWRA produces many different publications and resources, some of which are exclusive to members. These include Project WET Canada programming and instructional resources, our member magazine WaterNews, and the Canadian Water Resources Journal.
CWRA members have a wide range of backgrounds – water engineers, hydrologists, geographers, biologists, climate scientists, planners, modellers, academics, industry representatives, and policy makers. Why did they all join? Because members:
- Receive discounts to conferences, workshops, webinars, and technical courses;
- Value professional networking opportunities to share ideas with academics, practitioners, and government;
- Gain insight into water and climate-related issues through our publications and webinars;
- Have access to our Water News magazine and quarterly Canadian Water Resources Journal;
- Learn what’s happening across jurisdictions and with other water-related disciplines in Canada;
- Build relationships, form partnerships, and create collaborations;
- Enjoy the opportunity to volunteer in Canada’s vibrant water community; and
- NEW! Members only online office hours on the first Friday of the month, 1-2PM ET. Sign in as a member for access.
You can join as an individual student, young professional, regular, or retired member of CWRA and our affiliates, CANCID and CSHS, or as a corporate member at three levels of benefits!