Welcome to the Ontario Branch site!
The Ontario Branch of CWRA began operating informally in the early 1970s, conducting conferences and workshops and in 1991 the Ontario Branch was officially incorporated. The aims of the Ontario Branch mirror those of the Canadian Water Resources Association as a whole, while the Branch may focus on regional or local issues. The Ontario Branch membership consists of nearly 200 individuals, partnerships, and other legal entities.
Operations of the Branch are managed by a board composed of not less than ten directors, who are elected at the annual meeting by the members. All provincial directors are CWRA members. Each director is elected to hold office for a period of one year. The directors are responsible for the election/appointment of officers and committees.
If you’re interested in getting involved in Branch activities, we’d love to hear from you! You can get in touch with the Ontario Branch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us @CWRAONT!
- RT @CWRA_Flows : Still time to register! @CWRACASYP @cwrasypottawa @cwrasypto @cwraWPG @CWRA_SYP_Nat @VictoriaCWRA @gwf_yp @AquaHacking @Wat … 1 week ago
- RT @ElaineE1ho : My research is featured in the Fall 2020 edition of Water News. I was pleasantly surprised that our project is also feature… 2 months ago
- RT @CWRA_Flows : There’s still time to register! 5 months ago
Ontario Branch Board of Directors, 2020-2021
President: Nathan Garland
Vice President: Isabelle Hemmings
Secretary: Gillian Walker
Treasurer: Gail Faveri
CWRA National Board Representatives
- Nathan Garland
- Isabelle Hemmings
- Nancy Davy
- Jeff Hirvonen
- Ed Gazendam
- Gail Faveri
- Hida Manns
- Gillian Walker
- Hugh Whiteley
- Isabelle Hemmings
- Jeffrey Hirvonen
- Kate Sapozhnikova
- Mark Bassingthwaite
- Nancy Davy
- Nathan Garland
- Rebecca Shortt
- Robert (Rob) Chlumsky
- Robert Bishop
- Sam Bellamy
- Sheri Longboat
- Stephen Braun
- Steve Brown
For a full listing of CWRA events across Canada, please visit our events page.
Student and Young Professional Groups in Ontario
Are you a student or young professional in water resources in Ontario? Please get in touch with your local SYP chapter, or with the Branch, to learn about upcoming events, our mentoring program, and how to get involved!
A full list of active SYP chapters in CWRA National is on our SYP Page.
Ottawa Blue Drinks
Toronto Blue Drinks
Join the Blue Drinks Ottawa Mailing list by emailing us at email@example.com.
Follow us on Facebook for event updates:
Follow us on Twitter @BlueDrinksOtt!
- @CWRA_Flows @GWFutures @watercomm @gwf_yp @DataStreamH2O @POLISWater @CWPUW @WaterWired @CWRA_SYP_Nat @UHolweger … https://t.co/9AW3fQ3gwG 8 months ago
- RT @CWRA_Flows : CWRA & Partners For Action (P4A) Webinar: Communicating Flood Preparedness to Canadians. Thu, Apr 2, 2020 10-11 AM MDT. htt… 8 months ago
- A great @CWRA_Flows event put on by students & young professionals - check out the first @CWRA_SYP_Nat webinar pre… https://t.co/qdNBZZFjqN 2 months ago
- We are having a physically-distant outside meetup this weekend - join us for a shoreline cleanup at Corktown Common… https://t.co/6tVH6Rrv5c 3 months ago
Ontario Branch Mentoring Program
The CWRA Ontario Branch Mentorship Program is intended to provide value to newer members of the CWRA, increase professional engagement in water management activities and in CWRA activities, and build long term connections among members of CWRA. The program allows for the transfer of information among generations of professionals in water resources. The Ontario mentorship program is affiliated with national CWRA mentorship activities.
The mentorship program is currently between sessions. Applications for the 2020-2021 session will open in the early fall. Information about the 2019-2020 session is available here.
If you are looking for mentorship but are not in Ontario, please get in touch with the Ontario Mentorship Program by email and they can refer you to a local branch for mentoring options.
The Ontario Branch of CWRA offers a variety of opportunities for people to become engaged and involved in water resource management in Ontario. If you are curious about CWRA, subscribe to our newsletter to hear about upcoming events that will give you a chance to meet other CWRA members and water professionals. You can see past mailings here.
Membership to the CWRA is not required to join our branch mailing list, but to receive the full benefit of CWRA offerings – including event discounts – we encourage everyone to join up.
If you want to get more involved, you can ask about volunteering at future events, including workshops, networking, SYP, mentoring, and virtual events. For more information please contact one of the Executive Committee members at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscription Form for the CWRA Ontario Branch Newsletter: