Current Job Opportunities
Operations Coordinator, Canadian Water Resources Association (Contract Position, Maternity Leave Cover)
Schedule: 18-20 hours per week spread across weekdays, with availability for meetings.
Start Date/Contract Timeline: Possible part-time start mid-July for training; firm start August 4, 2020 for approximately 7 months (to February 26, 2021).
Work Location: Flexible (work from home).
Salary: $25-$30/hr, depending on qualifications. This is a contract position that does not include benefits.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020.
The Canadian Water Resources Association (CWRA) is a non-profit professional organization dedicated to promoting effective water management (www.cwra.org). We have been active in the Canadian water community for almost 75 years, and we are in an exciting period of developing new capabilities and member resources.
This position is a limited-term contract position to fill a maternity leave. It is anticipated that the start dates will allow time for training at the beginning of the contract and a period for handing over tasks at the end of the position. The successful candidate will work independently on ongoing organizational operations, communicate frequently with national board and staff members on organizational matters, and assist in the development of enhanced member resources.
To respond to this ad, please send a resume and cover letter in .pdf format by midnight on May 31, 2020 to Maggie Romuld at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject heading “Application for Operations Coordinator Contract Position”. Cover letters should specifically address each of the listed job requirements and the extent to which applicants meet the preferred skills, and include examples that demonstrate relevant experience.
CWRA welcomes applications from everyone, including visible minorities, Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and newcomers to Canada. Only candidates who are asked for an interview will receive a follow-up email.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications, science, engineering, geography, planning, or other water-related degree.
- Access to a reliable internet connection, computer, and phone.
- Excellent professional communication skills, including professional email and phone demeanor, and presentation or other public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of communication documents including agendas and minutes, how-tos, manuals, and policies.
- Demonstrated experience with event planning and organization.
- Demonstrated experience with social media communications on behalf of an organization on different online platforms.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including advanced data processing functions in Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with online tools including website editing, online meeting and webinar software, and membership and accounting databases.
- Demonstrated experience in WordPress and Google Docs.
- Willingness and ability to master new software skills through independent study and research.
- Communicate well with those around you, including representing the organization as a first line of communication for members and outside inquiries received by the National office.
- Develop communication materials, including a bi-weekly e-newsletter (Mailchimp) and social media postings, and schedule and host webinars.
- Understand and use digital tools to manage the website through the WordPress interface, keep website content and layout updated, and work with Conference and other organization microsites.
- Manage the database system, including event creation, periodic reporting, compilation of different member lists, and assistance with reporting for the organization’s financial needs.
- Maintain G Suite, including email accounts, mailing lists, and Drive filing system.
- Schedule and prepare agendas and minutes for CWRA National Board meetings, including executive meetings and committees.
- Support national event planning, including logistics for board meetings and national conferences, and act as the communications lead for national conferences.
- Undertake other tasks relevant to the development of the organization as decided with the Executive Director.
Not Required, but Preferred Skills:
- Experience working at a non-profit organization.
- Experience in water resource management.
- Able to speak and write in both official languages (French and English).
- Skilled in the use of MailChimp, Linkedin, Twitter, GotoMeeting, Instagram, and password management software.
Environmental Project Officer – Competition # WSA41-2019/20
Our Environmental Services team acts as a regulatory body focusing on municipal and privately-owned waterworks and sewage works to ensure facilities achieve the provincial standards for drinking water and wastewater effluent quality.
As a member of the southern team some of the duties you will be responsible for are to provide technical advice and expertise to stakeholders’ specific to the operation, maintenance and monitoring of water and wastewater treatment facilities. This employee will undertake facility inspections and conducts water quality tests, providing guidance and expertise to plant operators to ensure compliant operations and to help diagnose problems and find suitable solutions.
We offer rewarding career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
To learn more about the work we do and this position, visit www.wsask.ca
CWRA Website Job Posting Policy
- Employment ads will be prepared and posted for one week at a price of $200.
- Job Postings displayed on the CWRA home page will consist of the job title, 50-75 word brief description with a link to the detailed job description and application process.
- Continuing the ad for more than one week will be possible at a cost of $100 per week.
- CWRA members will be given a 10% discount on the Advertisement.
- Job Postings are not only advertised on the home page but included in our weekly email to members and other subscribers.
- An email blast to CWRA members is not performed.
- We will require 1 business day advance notice for a posting to be completed.
If you are interested please submit the posting material to CWRA and confirm your billing address and include:
- a copy of the advertisement including links to further information (with French version if needed),
- date posting should begin, and
- date posting is to be removed.