Current Job Opportunities
Executive Director, Water Protection and Sustainability (Band 5)
In the BC Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
This is an amazing opportunity to oversee and exercise provincial leadership for water policy, legislation and science. The Executive Director articulates government-wide vision, directions and outcomes for water, delivers science and information, and establishes broad-based alliances with other ministries, other levels of government, First Nations and Indigenous organizations, industry, business, academia, non-government organizations and the public to share responsibilities for achieving outcomes.
Locations: Victoria; Surrey or Nanaimo may also be considered
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management or other relevant natural resource discipline [e.g., biology, geography, environmental studies], Business/Public Administration or law with a minimum of 5 years of practical experience with a preferred focus on water resource management. Master’s in natural resource management or other relevant natural resource discipline, or law preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressively senior management capacity.
- Experience dealing with politically sensitive, and provincially significant issues.
- Experience developing policy, procedures and corporate practices, strategic business and organizational planning, and procurement and financial management [more than 5 years of experience preferred].
- Minimum 5 years of experience collaborating with First Nations, including developing engagement strategies and identifying pathways for effective communication [more than 7 years of experience preferred].
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading high-profile projects and initiatives and providing leadership to teams comprised of cross-functional and multi-jurisdictional government representatives and external stakeholders [more than 7 years of experience preferred].
- Experience leading and coaching diverse, geographically dispersed teams, including developing strategic goals, defining performance measures, managing a budget and assigning resources, and supervising staff [preferred].
- Experience in positively and innovatively preventing and resolving conflicts, preferably at the senior/executive management level.
Annual salary range: $105,700 to $132,200
Competition closes: May 31, 2019 at 11:00pm PST
Please refer to the job posting at the link below for all details:
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Reporting to an excluded manager at the Business Leadership level, the Section Head – Groundwater is accountable for supervision of staff at the professional or specialist level. This position manages staff and financial resources, ensures achievement of and evaluates the outcomes of program goals and applies legislation, policies and professional standards. The Section Head – Groundwater leads projects and strategic initiatives to address large-scale and controversial issues within its geographic area.
Closing Date: December 31, 2018
CWRA Website Job Posting Policy
- Employment ads will be prepared and posted for one week at a price of $200.
- Job Postings displayed on the CWRA home page will consist of the job title, 50-75 word brief description with a link to the detailed job description and application process.
- Continuing the ad for more than one week will be possible at a cost of $100 per week.
- CWRA members will be given a 10% discount on the Advertisement.
- Job Postings are not only advertised on the home page but included in our weekly email to members and other subscribers.
- An email blast to CWRA members is not performed.
- We will require 1 business day advance notice for a posting to be completed.
If you are interested please submit the posting material to CWRA and confirm your billing address and include:
- a copy of the advertisement including links to further information (with French version if needed),
- date posting should begin, and
- date posting is to be removed.