June 17, 2022 1:00-4:00 PM EST: CSHS Workshop: Sensitivity Analysis for Improved Hydrologic Modelling
Professor Saman Razavi, University of Saskatchewan
Sensitivity analysis (SA), in the most general sense, is the study of how the outputs of a system are related to, and are influenced by, its inputs. The modern SA as a ‘formal’ and ‘standard’ component of scientific discovery, design process, and policy support is relatively young, with tremendous potential benefits that are yet to be fully realized in the age of computational power and big data. This workshop provides an overview of the science of SA and an advanced SA toolbox called VARS-Tool, with an emphasis on its application for sensitivity and uncertainty analysis of hydrologic models.
The 3-hour workshop consists of two 30-minute presentations, each followed by hands-on exercises in the Python ecosystem. Participants are expected to have basic knowledge of hydrology/hydrologic modelling and Jupyter notebooks.
|Student/SYP CWRA+CSHS member
- Full refunds will be given if this event is cancelled by the event planners.
- This event fee is reduced for members of CWRA who have an additional CSHS Membership, which includes all members registered under Corporate Gold, Silver, and Bronze memberships. If you think you should be able to register as a CWRA + CSHS member but are not able to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do not need to register as a member to attend this event. Non-member pricing is available.
- No memberships in CWRA or CSHS are available through this event registration. If you would like to add a CSHS membership to your current membership, please email email@example.com.
- The link to join the workshop will be in your registration confirmation email.